Monday, November 24, 2008

Sculpture Update Pt. 3

Hello everyone!

Looks like my internet will give me the opportunity to upload some more pictures of my sculpture Rugi.
Next here is a picture of the entire body done.(Except for the hands, I made those later.)







I was getting REALLY excited at this point, my sculpture was looking SO cool!



It's cooked! :D Here you can see the hands and the extra draping bandages that I added before cooking.

Also, the paint on the base that I had for my sculpture started bubbling when I cooked Rugi. I was a little worried, but when it cooled down, it had a really nice texture to it. I love it when good accidents happen!



Here is a shot to show everyone how I'm attaching the head to the body. I just have a hole in the bottom of Rugi's head and a wire sticking out of his body. So once I'm done painting, I'll glue his head to his body.



Here's a shot of his head on his body. Looking good Rugi!



Here's what the sword looks, and how big it is compared to Rugi's body.

Oh, and speaking of swords, here's the first one compared to the final one...



I still have to sand down my final sword of course. BUT THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON'T READ LABELS AND DON'T CHECK EVERY FEW MINUTES WHEN COOKING SCULPY!!!

I have a new oven at my house, so the Celsius and Fahrenheit are switched. So I put the sculpy in at 130 Fahrenheit not 130 Celsius. So it didn't cook after 15 min, I was a little confused. Then I realized my mistake and changed the temperature. But then it took 3 minutes to cook since the sculpy is so thin. But I checked it 10 min after putting it in!!!! It was so black and warped and bubbled that I couldn't salvage it...

So here's a shot of the sheath versus the sword, I need to sand it down a bit too.



And here's a shot of Rugi with the ponytail on the head (which I just recently broke D: )



And I'll also add a closeup of one of Rugi's hands, just to give you an idea of what they look like and how they kinda hold onto the sword and sheath.



Well, that's all for today. I have started painting Rugi, but I'll add those pictures once I get a bit farther, don't want to spoil ALL the fun!

As always, you can get all these pictures (and a few shots of my painted one if you REALLY need to see it) on my Photobucket Account

'Till next time bloggers!

~CorkyLunn

No comments: